If you’re a Cutler Bay pet owner searching for a new rental home, you’re aware that finding one that allows pets can be difficult. In some cases, landlords and property managers won’t even consider renting to a potential tenant unless they can provide a pet resume. Well then, what exactly is a pet resume? A pet resume is merely a document that includes details about your pet, including their age, weight, breed, history of vaccinations, and other vital details. Here are five reasons why every pet owner should make a pet resume as well as a how-to for doing so!
Five Reasons Why You Need a Pet Resume
- You can distinguish yourself from other renters with a strong pet resume. Anything you can do to set yourself apart from other renters is a benefit in a market where rentals are competitive. Additionally, since so few people include their pets on their resumes, doing so can help your application stand out and show that you’re a responsible pet owner.
- The ability to care for a pet demonstrates your maturity and responsibility. You can demonstrate to Cutler Bay property managers that you go above and beyond for your pet by taking the time to create a pet resume. Even if they dislike pets, this can help convince them to rent to you.
- It demonstrates your knowledge of how to take care of a pet and a rental property. This is crucial because it demonstrates that you will be a responsible tenant who will not cause any damage to the property.
- It shows that you love your pets and are committed to providing for them. You can demonstrate your dedication to your pets by making a pet resume. This is vital to landlords because it indicates that you won’t abuse, neglect, or permit damage to the property from your pet.
- It makes landlords more comfortable with renting to a tenant who has a pet. This is due to the fact that it gives them all the information they require to decide for themselves whether or not you and your pet are the right fit for their property.
How to Write a Great Pet Resume
You now understand the need for a pet resume, so let’s move on to writing one! Here are some suggestions for writing a great resume for a pet:
- Provide basic information about your pet to get started. Include information about your pet’s name, breed, age, and weight.
- Provide your pet’s vaccination documentation. Make sure all of their shots are up to date and, if required by law, that they have registered with the local authorities.
- Remember to include any information about any unique needs or requirements your pet may have.
- Don’t forget to mention your pet’s accomplishments, awards, and noteworthy traits. Some ideal cases include whether your pet has received any specialized training or has taken obedience classes.
- Identify several people who can attest to the character of your pet. If feasible, include references from a former neighbor and landlord.
- Add a recent photo of your pet. A picture is worth a thousand words, as the saying goes! And just might melt your potential landlord’s heart, too.
You can make a fantastic pet resume that will help you find a pet-friendly rental by using the advice in this article!
One of the easiest ways to find your next pet-friendly rental home is to contact Real Property Management Dade at 305-501-1511. We might have the ideal location for you and your pet.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.